During quarantine I've spent a ton of time experimenting with "healthy desserts." It's surprising how many healthy alternatives there are to traditional dessert recipes!
I'm in the process of writing a cookbook- it's most likely going to be called "Have Your Cake and Eat It Too." I say this phrase all the time because why can't you have dessert without the consequences??
Ok, so, let's get to these blueberry cinnamon buns! I found this idea on Instagram, then I went ahead and changed it a bit. It takes about 20 minutes to prepare and bakes for 20 minutes.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup self-rising flour (any kind)
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- cinnamon & sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients except blueberries together in large bowl
- Roll dough into long rods about 7 inches long
- Roll rods up into bun shape then cover in cinnamon & sugar
- Top the buns with blueberries/tuck some into the buns
- Butter/spray a small cake pan then place buns together in pan
- Bake for 20 minutes
Optional yogurt glaze:
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sweetened almond milk (or any kind of milk)
- 1 tbsp agave
- In small bowl, mix yogurt, milk, and agave together until slightly runny
- Pour over buns once they have cooled down